Sunday, January 24, 2010

Different Perspective @ Broga Hill



Back in Penang, I actively went to hike Bukit Jambul almost every weekend. Once in a while, with a group of friends, I did jungle tracking and even 1 time I went to hike Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera). For those would like to know, Bukit Jambul takes about 15-20 mins to reach the top which is at ~200m altitude. Meanwhile Penang Hill takes about 3 hours to reach the top which is at ~750m altitude.

After about nearly 2 years I have stopped hiking, all of a sudden, my long lost ex-schoolmate, Firdaus Jenal (aka Nal) invited me thru the Facebook Event Invitation for a hiking program at Broga Hill. At first I'm not that interested since I've got company event on that day which COMPULSORY!

But then, after looking at the pictures taken at the Broga Hill in a couple of blogs, I decided that this is a 'must go' place. So I accepted the invitation and I woke up as early as 5am to get ready. At 6am sharp I reached the rendezvous point. After praying Subuh there, we started to hike up at ~7am. There were so many cars parked at the entrance there! We reached the 1st peak at ~7.40am .. here are the photo at the 1st peak:
Sunrise taken from the 1st peak.

So many people there! Behind them are the route to the 2nd peak.

After that we continued till the 2nd peak (my GPS read 344m altitude):
View from 2nd peak to the 1st peak.

View from 2nd peak to the 3rd peak.

I've to stop at the 2nd peak since I need to go to office for a company event. Most memorable was when crossing from 1st peak to the 2nd peak, there were strong wind blowing and at that moment I feels like not in Malaysia. I can't believe there is such a beautiful place in Malaysia, and it is just half-hour drive from the heart of the city, Kuala Lumpur.

Before I went down, just a group photo:
Group Photo.

I would like to emphasize that, in this world, there are still lots of room to explore. Even in our surrounding, even in ourselves. Have we found out our real potential? Have we ever spend time to think of ourselves? What can we improve today to be a better person tomorrow? Each day and everyday, we should think of new perspectives, different perspectives, to become a better person, at least to ourselves, if not to the friends, family, nation and ummah. InsyaAllah!

p/s: thanks to the organizer, Farah and co-organizer, Nal for the nice event!

~~ Map to Broga Hill (click to enlarge) ~~
:: aerobrain :: pi ::

No comments:

Post a Comment